Post Treatment Instructions for RF Microneedling
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment is expected. If any discomfort or irritation persists more than 24-hours, please contact us immediately.
- Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched (even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
- During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Patients may apply an icepack (NOT direct ice) to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15- minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 1-3 days is common. After 12-hours post procedure, the patient may apply a hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce redness.
- Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after the treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.