Aftercare Instructions for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Therapy
Do not use the following products for 3 days after your treatment or until pinkness has subsided): Retin-A, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or exfoliating products and bleaching creams.
Avoid tanning or prolonged sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment.
Apply your Post-Treatment Recovery Complex 2-4 times a day for at least 3 days after treatment. We also recommend Nectifirm Cream 2 times a day to maintain your results.
Apply your Sunscreen SPF 50 after the treatment if you are planning on having incidental sun exposure. We also recommend sun block.
Cleanse the treated area with a gentle cleanser with tepid warm water. Apply cleanser to fingertips with water in a gentle motion.
Immediately after the treatment, the skin may appear red or slightly swollen in select areas, which may last a few hours or longer.
- If you opt for local anesthetic to be injected, you may experience more temporary swelling. We recommend sleeping on several pillows for the first two to three nights to allow the anesthetic to drain down.
- It is normal to experience mild tenderness, swelling and bruising along the jaw line for several days in some cases longer.
- Some patients may experience mild bruising with the procedure. If you have more significant bruising, we recommend oral or topical Arnica to minimize bruising. Please start Arnica 2 days before your procedure.
- Some patients may have temporary welts that last a few days, in rare cases longer. If this occurs ice the area each hour for 5-10 minutes.
- If we have prescribed an antiviral for you, please finish the entire course.
- You may experience some numbness or shooting pains, particularly on the brow bone area on occasion. This is temporary and will resolve soon.